In my opinion, James Frey is the bigger liar. I believe this because James Frey did lie about being a full-blooded Indian although he was actually an Englishman. However, this lie did not overshadow the truth of the message he spoke about: the plight of vanishing species, symbolized for him to in the beaver and his mission to preserve the Canadian wilderness. Although Grey Owl did lie, he still lived the life of a Native Indian later in his life.
James Frey, on the other hand, frabicated many large parts about his life, including details about his criminal record. The Smoking Gun alledged that Frey had never been incarcerated and that he exaggerated the circumstances of key details of his memoir. James Frey never actually lived the life he claimed to have any time in his life. Telling lies in memoirs is never right no matter what the situation. Memoirs are supposed to be actual life writings of someone's life. However, I do believe that in this situation James Frey is the bigger liar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Carl, I enjoyed reading through you posting and how you have supported your choice of the bigger liar of the two. The only thing I found was a bit confusing at the start of the post you talked about James Frey and you mentioned that he was an englishman and he lied about being half-blooded, I think you got mixed up between James Frey and Grey Owl. Overall it was a good posting and very much up to the point.
Hey Khatrih! I actually did mean to put Grey Owl as being an englishman, rather than James Frey. Sorry about that, it was a typo. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Post a Comment