The crazy bride was a very frustrating lie, I was convinced it had taken place until the last little caption on the bottom of the screen! I had never heard of it before, nor do I use youtube. I guess I made an assumption because I couldn't, and still can't understand how someone could take time to do that? Possibly in need of attention, or money involved?
As for James Frey, whether he lied or exaggerated the truth, he sold 3.5 million copies. His novel was obviously enjoyed by many. I don't think that it was his wisest decision to lie to Oprah Winfrey on television though. If he was honest to her people would of hated him for being honest about his previous deception, rather then being a liar about the entire situation.
Grey Owl lived a lie his whole life. The press had labeled him a "full-blooded" Indian, while he wasn't even a half -breed. I don't understand the concept of pretending to be someone you are not your whole life. Although I found his story to be interesting, it was spoiled from the beginning when I found out about his lies.
I am the worst liar ever! Even if I don't know the person, I still cannot keep a straight face. So I just avoid lies in general. But I know that just like everyone else I have told a couple white lies before.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment