Tuesday, March 27, 2007

After Daniel

Although a villain is usually defined as a wicked or evil person in a story, I would use the word villain to describe certain things in the memoir After Daniel. Certain factors that caused Daniel to commit suicide could be identified as villains because they are the cause of a particular trouble against Daniel, which is suicide. These villainous factors include depression, alcoholism, and the influences that triggered Daniel to committing suicide. I would classify these fators as the villains in the stroy because they worked against Daniel and contributed to the suicide death of Daniel. I would also classify these factors as the villains because in the memoir these fators were at oods with Daniel.

1 comment:

BryanC said...

I think you and I touched on the same aspects on our definition of a villain and whether or not one was present in "After Daniel". Although there was no direct thing or villainous person opposing Daniel, I agree with your assessment that the circumstances surrounding his suicide could be considered the villains in this memoir.