Friday, March 9, 2007

We all lie a little bit!

In my opinion a writer shouldn't have to confine their imagination within the concepts of the truth. If they can't relate a story in the way that they want to, I don't see the problem with them exaggerating a bit. There are plenty of stories that capture our attention only because something has been exaggerated or added so that the story has the desired effect that the author wants it to have. Take for example when true life stories are converted into movies. The person who writes the script almost always adds something so that the movie has a greater impact on its audience. I feel that as long as the author knows where to draw the line and can admit that there are some content that may not be truthful, there is no harm in a little exaggeration.

2 comments:

Danish said...

hey i read your blog and i have to say that i agree with you on writers exaggerating a bit to explain their stories better or just to arouse their readers interest to gain attention of the reader. i also liked the example you used about true life stories being converted into movies and then being edited a little to get the message across, but also knowing where to draw the line. over all your reading your blog was amazing.

bryan said...

Hey, I really liked your blog this week. I really like your example about true stories being made into movies. All movies do add exaggeration to make stories more interesting and appealing and it does have a greater impact on the audience. I feel that as long as the main and most important facts are told then other details can be added for effect. Overall, good job with your blog!