The name of the two podcasts I listened to were two interviews by Judith Piazza with Alice Bateman, Canadian author and songwriter. Alice Bateman discussed her two published books, the latest called “One American Dreamer, a rag to riches story by Don Tietz. She stressed her interest in this book because it encourages young writers to reach for the best always through writing. She talked her website, alicecbateman.com, where her bibliography is listed and also information about how she can be contacted. Her website also has song lyrics and links to some organizations she is involved in, like one called “Project Smile”.
This podcast is connected to our course because we have discussed in length memoirs done by Canadian authors. This podcast introduces us to new Canadian authors from a different perspective.
I would recommend this podcast to anyone is wants to learn more about Canadian authors. I would recommend this podcast because Canadian authors need our support and authors such as Bateman want Canadians to explore new narratives and books by Canadian authors.
2 comments:
Hey Kwabena, I enjoyed reading your blog posting and how you have talked about its relevance to the course and its matter. It is well organized post, keep up the good work and continue blogging!!!
Kwabena, I found your posting to be very interesting. You connected the podcast you listened to our class content well. I find any blogs that are about Canadian authors to be very relevant to what we have been studying in this class. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment