The two Podcasts that I viewed were the Switchfoot Podcast from Itunes, and the Hanson Podcast from Itunes also. And no, I am not embarrassed to admit that I am still infatuated with the Hanson brothers (who have all gone off and gotten married, and become fathers without me!).
Both Podcasts are ones that I have watched and followed on a semi-regular basis outside of this assignment. Switchfoot is a band that my boyfriend really got me interested in, and after going to a concert of theirs over Spring break, he found their Podcast link and was quite excited to share it with me. The Hanson Podcast is one that I found on my own after google-ing them when I heard about the upcoming release of their newest album.
Both Podcasts are relatable to our course as they are primarily autobiographical. Both Podcasts are filmed mostly by the band members themselves, or by close friends, and revolves around every day things that they endure.
The Switchfoot Podcast follows the band through the legs of their US. and Canadian tours, and has a lot of footage from behind the scenes of recording days, and random dates that the guys go on. The Hanson Podcast is a lot like a memoir because it focuses specifically on the struggles the band made to escape the large music label world, and create their own freedom, and recording label.
Without a doubt I would recommend the Switchfoot Podcast because it is honestly hilarious. The band has been portrayed as a Christian band by the media when they first emerged, which may not interest some non-religious people. However, the band rarely speaks about their religion, and whether you enjoy their music or not, the things they say and do are just absolutely entertaining. Also, if there are Hanson fans reading this, you would love their Podcast, because it is very personal, and simply exciting to see how they have grown up. I think that I would also recommend the Hanson Podcast to any serious music lover, because it is a great way to see what the music business is really about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment