“The sad little thing that makes us human, while we wait to d….” The video of the ZeFrank Show definitely made me laugh. Not only because his advice is the complete opposite of what everyone will tell you about procrastination but because it reminded me of high school.
During my second year of high school I was the biggest procrastinator ever even more so then than now, if you can believe it. I would put everything aside to do later, especially those impossible English essay’s we all loved.
It was known within my circle of friends that I was a procrastinator and that my habit of procrastination rubbed off onto them. That year I turned several of my friends into huge procrastinator’s; they put everything off till the last minute. This is when we came up with the saying “procrastination is bad” and ran around saying it to each other all the time. Our peers and teacher’s angled their heads at us with a confused expression when we would randomly shout those three words at each other in the halls. I still believe those words linger in the air of St. Thomas Aquinas, and echo down the halls as other high school students learn that procrastination is bad.
I put off a major English essay on Hamlet the next year, which I ended up completing the night before it was due; I definitely experienced the “want to vomit” feeling. As I am sure, many students have done before. I handed it in, happy to have it over with. I received the essay back to my horror with a fail grade, in which I vowed to never procrastinate again. Ha. Yeah right.
1 comment:
Hey Jordana! I guess we both have something in common, procrastination..lol. My high school days was also the time when I did most of my procrastination. I would have to agree with you that it sort of rubbed off on my friends too. Up until this day I'm still known as the master procrastinator. Hopefully one day this title will disappear. Excellent Post!
Post a Comment