Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Procrastination

After viewing ZeFrank's video on procrastination, it reconfirmed my theory that I am a procrastinator. His video although hilarious, put forward some truth to it. Especially, where he mentioned that, the art of procrastination starts with small tasks and after you have mastered those, they ‘escalades’ to bigger tasks.



In my first year of post secondary education, the entire class was given an assignment on the first day of the semester that was due on the day of that course’s final examination. Contended that I have more than ample time to complete that paper, I completely ignored it. It was until the day prior to its due date that I realized, the assignment was quite challenging.



Realizing the task I had at hand, I spent that entire day researching and that night, to the following afternoon I spent in an empty classroom, trying to make “the best of a bad situation.” All along, I hoped that none of my friends would "pop up" early that morning and realized that I had not had a shower in almost two days. That evening I was so tired after spent like 36 hours awake, I had a challenging tasking of falling asleep. From then onwards I vowed to never "to put off for tomorrow that which can be done today."

No comments: