Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Procrastination (I just hope this works!!)

Procrastination is a killer! Well, if the procrastination itself doesn't kill you, the stress that it causes will.

While I continue to believe that I work better under a little pressure, I know better then to leave something to the very last minute. My bestfriend could easily be renamed as Mrs. Procrastination, as she was well known for it. I, along with her high school teachers would always warn her when due dates were drawing nearer, but she never sat down and really looked at a project outline for the first time until days before the finished project was due.

We we in the same Creative Writing class in Grade 12, and our final project as a compelation of writing that we had done over the year. Since all the pieces of writing were already completed, my friend figured it would take five minutes to staple them all together and make a table of contents. What she didnt realize was that a reflection of each piece was also manditory.

She hated when I harped on her about getting things done, and frankly, we had more fun together when I wasn't harping, so this time I kept my mouth shut. Well the day before our due date some kids were handing their projects in early, and when my friend took one to look over, her face immidiately dropped as she read over the TEN reflections.

She didn't even go to bed that night. She had baseball practice until 6pm, and from then until the next morning she was searching through her computer files to find her 10 pieces of writing, and finishing the reflections that had to be 500 words each! She skipped all of her morning classes to nap, and after seeing her the next afternoon, I vowed never to leave my ownassignment to the last minute.

1 comment:

Clancy Blackman said...

Hi Joke

Your friend experience in completing her assignment was some what similar to my experience and i do hope for your sake u do not follow our example of completing future tasks. Since i would not want to fall victim to procrastination again.